Tuesday 6 May 2014

Who am I


What matter of blog is this?

Hi there! If you're reading this then you've stumbled across my first blog. It's been something I've thought of doing for quite some time and whilst I never think I'll have enough time really make something that's good enough in my mind, I'd love to hear your thoughts, feedback, encouragement, criticisms, all of it.

My interests are various and you'll see them when you think of Big Data, Web 2.0, Web 3.0, Predictive Analytics, Augmented Intelligence! All big words, but what do they all mean? This blog is going to be all about my passion for all things like this and especially Analytics and Business Intelligence. 

These fields relate to my work of the past, present and indeed the future. It's an area of expertise that I've kind of accidentally stumbled upon having wanted to get into an IT career out of high school but never really having good enough grades to do it. Considering the experiences I've been through in my career, people I've met, projects I've worked on and places I've been you might think that things have come full circle and you'd be right, a story I'll happily elaborate on throughout this blog.

Alas, I do digress, the focus here will be about my experiences within the industry having seen things as a customer, a consultant/developer and now with a business development/sales hat on.  I'm also quite interested in any start ups involved in this space and happy to make connections where I can so feel free to reach out to me here too

Please note, these thoughts are my own and are not to be misconstrued to represent those of the companies I've worked for or currently work for. So with semi-legalese out of the way, it's time to take a stroll through the wonder and awesomeness that is Analytics.

No comments:

Post a Comment