Friday 9 May 2014

Art of Knowledge Series - Episode 1

I'm going to aim to put aside a section of my posts to the art of knowledge and expanding on thoughts and ideas. There is a bevy of information out there and not much time to consume it all. This is both troubling and pleasing at the same time. Troubling that I cannot in my life time ever know as much as I want to but pleasing in that I can help enhance the collective knowledge of mankind by sharing my thoughts and sharing the very thing that organisations like TED stand for, "ideas worth sharing".

This talk by renowned economist Larry Smith is one that resonates with me quite well. I'm the kind of guy that didn't quite understand where I was going in life early on and needed to dive into things and experience them before realising where my passion lies.

The title of the talk might be a little deceiving but please view this anyway. For the parents out there you'll most certainly be challenged by his talk at the 10:00 minute mark.

Anyway, feel free to share thoughts and ideas on this in the comments section.

We'll continue this next Saturday.

Larry Smith - Why you will fail to have a great career

No comments:

Post a Comment